NAJAF2KARBALA WALK CHALLENGE 2017
Our local members have volunteered to walk from Najaf2Karbala in Iraq which is 84km (52 miles) of desert, dry land terrain past towns with a group of friends (Syed Aqeel Kazmi, Adeel Khokar, Syed Baqir Shah, Syed Sajid Abbas, Uncle Ghulam Sarwar Khokar, Ahsen Kazmi, Syed Jawad Ali and Ahsan Hamdani, in aid of raising funds to help towards the target of £2.5m to complete the MeA building project in Luton UK.
This will house, a Prayer hall, Sports and leisure facilities, industrial kitchen to feed the homeless & hungry, Arts and culture, Funeral service, Elders circles, Adult education classes, children education classes, and coffee lounge and much more.... where "everyone" is welcome.
This journey is extra special as they will receive the handover of the Flag of Imam Hussain (a.s) from the first MeA 14 Point Challenger who completed his sponsored challenge of the Luton marathon; running the whole 13 miles with the Flag & then crossing the finish line with it raised high Alhamdulillah Labbaika Ya Hussain (a.s)
The Alam handover ceremony took place at Masjid-e-Ali on Tue 31st Oct @ 8pm and then continued its epic journey with the Najaf2Karbala Challenge Walkers to Iraq where this Flag will be raised high at shrine of Imam Hussain (a.s).
This same flag will then be handed over from challenger to challenger until it eventually is handed to the Luton2Everest 2018 Challenge expedition team to be carried to the roof top of the world to raised high on the legendary but notorious Mount Everest!
To sponsor the Najaf2Karbala walkers please visit this link to help them reach their £5000 target for the Masjiid
Brother Shoaib Sultan - Half Marathon with the Flag of Imam Hussain (as) - 29th October 2017
Alhamdulillah brother Shoeb Sultan has successfully completed the half marathon.
If you intended to donate to the fundraiser but haven't been able to. Please donate here:
Please dont forget to ensure that you share this message.
Pictures from the event are attached.
Mount Everest is the highest peak on Earth at 8,850 meters (29,035 feet) above sea level. No other mountain on Earth has a higher altitude.
This courageous climb is for a noble cause in aid of Masjid-e-Ali Building Project Appeal to complete the construction of the state of the art multi complex centre for the local community.
MeA expedition team Amer Nazir and Ali Askari will raise the flag of Imam Hussain (pbuh) 6,000m above sea level.
From Karbala to the Himalayas, the standard of Hussain (a.s) will fly.
Join the expedition team and stand shoulder to shoulder to help secure this achievement to unify the community and enable Masjid-e-Ali to become the State of the Art Multi Complex Centre.
How to sponsor or donate visit http://masjideali.org/index.php/building-project/fundraising-activities/295-mea-everest-challenge-2017
You can donate on Just Giving:
Account Name: Masjid-e-Ali
Sort Code: 20-53-30
Account Number: 83479242
If you would like to donate to us from outside the UK you can send payment to our account with the following details:
Account name: Masjid-e-Ali
Swift Code: BARC GB22
IBAN: GB28 BARC 20533083479242
Branch: Barclays Bank, 28 George Street, Luton, Beds, LU1 2AE, United Kingdom
Cheques to be made payable to 'Masjid-e-Ali' and posted to Masjid-e-Ali, 2-32 Beechwood Road, Luton, LU4 8RP.
Fund Raising Project Manager
Sajad Hussain Shah
Alhamdulillah, the Nadra Clinic has been organised for the Pakistan High Commission Nadra Team to visit our centre.
Date - Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd October 2017
Time - 09:30 to 15:00
Address - Masjid-e-Ali (as)
2-32 Beechwood Road
To book your appointments please contact the following numbers:
Syed Aqeel Kazmi
Syed Mohammed Yousaf
All appointments are on a first come first serve basis.
1. New (SNICOP for first time)/Renewal-£82
2. Modification SNICOP-£87
1. All applications will be processed in normal category.
2. 13-Digit CNIC/NICOP card of blood relative (Father, Mother, Brother and Sister) is mandatory for every applicant.
3. Above mentioned fee includes SNICOP, card delivery charges at home and bank charges.
4. SNICOP will be delivered in 6-8 weeks.
5. Every applicant must have their valid and original Passport along with photocopy.
6. All supporting documents must be available in original and a photocopy.
7. Modification of Date of Birth, Religion will not be available during this surgery.
8. Modification of Name will only be processed if name change deed duly attested by FCO and Pakistan High Commission.
9. For first time application detailed birth certificate required mentioning both of parents name on birth certificate.
10. For change in marital status, marriage certificate required.
11. Parents must have married marital status in their NADRA record during registration of their child for the first time.
12. If minor already registered with NADRA then please bring their Child Registration Certificate (B-Form -?????).
13. There is no other fee except as mentioned above.
14. Please display this information at a prominent place during processing.